Visiting campus is the best way to get to know and love Ouachita. This summer, we’re taking special care to protect the health of our guests and campus community as we welcome you for personalized campus visits. As we phase back in visit events and campus life in the fall, we encourage you to take advantage of additional opportunities to sit in on a class, attend athletics events and more. We look forward to meeting you!
Personal Campus Visit
When you come to campus for a personal visit at Ouachita, you will get a glimpse into life as a student and spend the day learning more about what makes our campus and community unique. A typical visit takes a little over 2 hours and includes a full, 1 hour and 15 minute walking tour of campus and residence halls as well as a meeting with a dean or professor in your field of interest. Your admissions counselor will also spend time explaining the admissions process and answering any questions you might have about financial aid.
We encourage you to schedule your visit at least 1-2 business days in advance and on weekdays when professors are available. Please note that personal campus visits are not available on days when we are hosting other events or on holidays when our university is closed.
This summer, we are taking special care to protect the health of our guests and campus community as we welcome you for visits. See more about special procedures in place for visits on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
VIRTUAL TIGER DAYS
Virtual Tiger Days are group events that you can participate in from anywhere with an internet connection! You’ll get an insider’s perspective on campus by hearing directly from the president, admissions counseling staff, faculty and current students. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit in small groups with the dean of the academic school you are interested in to learn more about your future major or area of study. Even as we connect remotely, we want you to have the opportunity to meet with members of the Ouachita community face-to-face to see what is so special about the Ouachita experience and to get your specific questions answered.
- Monday, Aug. 24 – Virtual Tiger Day
- Monday, Oct. 19 – Virtual Tiger Day
- Monday, Nov. 9 – Virtual Tiger Day
- Monday, Dec. 14 – Virtual Tiger Day
Virutal Tiger Day Schedule:
5:30-6:00 p.m. Check-In and Test ZOOM Technology
6:00 p.m. Welcome from the President & Admissions Counseling Staff
6:30 p.m. Academic Session
7:00 p.m. Open Chat with Current Students (optional)
7:00-8:30 p.m. Explore Ouachita on your own: Check out our Financial Aid Tips Video, Campus Tour Video, 360 Video, & Clickable Virtual Tour!
7:30-8:30 p.m. Drop-in for Final Questions & Next Steps
MAPS & DIRECTIONS
Ouachita Baptist University is conveniently located at 410 Ouachita Street in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, about 65 miles southeast of Little Rock and 80 miles northeast of Texarkana on Interstate 30 and about 35 miles south of Hot Springs on Highway 7.
PRINTABLE CAMPUS MAPS
- From I-30 E, take Exit 73 and merge right onto Pine St.
- Follow Pine Street for almost 3 miles to a T intersection at a stop sign.
- Turn left onto N. 6th St., which enters campus a block down the road.
- Turn right onto Ouachita St. to find Cone-Bottoms Hall and Jones Performing Arts Center.
- From I-30 W, take Exit 78 and turn left onto Highway 7/Valley St.
- Follow Valley St./N. 10th St. about 4 miles and turn left onto Elrod Boulevard, which enters campus.
- To find Cone-Bottoms Hall and Jones Performing Arts Center, turn right from Elrod Blvd. onto N. 8th St.
- Veer left at University Dr. onto N. 6th St.
- Cone-Bottoms and JPAC will be at your left at the 6th St./Ouachita St. intersection.
GET IN TOUCH
Have a question about Ouachita? Want more information? Shoot us a message!